Sunday, February 16, 2014

Riley Blake / MQG Fabric Challenge

Here is my entry for the Riley Blake fabric challenge hosted by the Modern Quilt Guild.

Riley Citrus
Measures:  15" x 19.5"
Fabrics:  The Orange and Yellow - Riley Blake
The Solids - Kona
Designed & Quilted by me on my home machine

Members of the MQG who particpated in the challenge were given a set of fat eighths of various Riley Blake fabrics, with the rules of being able to use only Riley Blake prints, any solids, and your item had to be quilted.  I was smitten with the orange print, and loved how it looked with the yellow, and from that point it just sort of evolved to sticking with fresh, spring-like colors.  Given how cold it's been here lately, no wonder I'm dreaming of spring!  For the quilting, I went with ascending curves, which reminded me of a slice of citrus fruit.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out!  A huge thank you to Riley Blake and The Modern Quilt Guild for providing the fabric and the platform for this challenge. 

7 comments:

  1. I really love this! You did a great job with the F8's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your finish. I'm so close on mine. Wonder if there is a specific time tomorrow or just before midnight?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movement in this is awesome. I loooove how much the quilting adds to the overall effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great quilt Val! Truly- I wish you could bring it to show my guild here in CO! Very, very cool. And your quilting turned out fabulous!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely - although at first glance I thought it was called 'Miley Cyrus'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pattern and how you quilted it :o)

    ReplyDelete